Finding a career and a job is not a quick process. Investigating various career options is one aspect to finding a job later. It is essential to start exploring your career options early in your academic experience. From your first semester onwards, spend some time every week on this exploration.
At the same time, you must spend some time assessing yourself. Choosing the exact route you follow after graduation is up to you - it is determined by your strengths and your interests.
More information on these aspects of career exploration:
- Assess yourself: what are your desires and needs?
- A starting place: Explore careers on the web.
- Going below the surface: investigate specific careers.
- What skills does your degree provide?
- Accumulate additional skills.
- What jobs have MSU graduates gone to recently?
- What is graduate school? Might it help me?
- Suggested timeline for career and experience searches.